Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Family History

My mother has recently become obsessed with genealogy. Like, obsessed to the point where I'm pretty sure we're going to have to start only allowing her on the internet for a couple hours at a time before she makes herself blind staring at PDF files of the 1900 census. She's done an amazing amount of work at this point, but beyond the part where we're not as Irish as we thought, it's mostly raised a lot of questions about how we're related to various family members.

The most recent is a man by the name of Darius Bentley, who my mother was given a biography of, but no idea as to how he fits into the family.

I suggested perhaps someone thought he was a family member at some time, and never got around to figuring out if it was true or not.

Kate suggested that he was that generation's George Clooney and he'd been on the cover of Tiger Beat of the 1800s a bunch of times and that's why we had the biography of him.

I'm still waiting to figure out how I'm related to HER.

No comments:

Post a Comment